Gilani, Mirwaiz, Yasin to court arrest on Saturday » Kashmir Media Service

Army launches crackdown in many areas in IOK
Srinagar, September 06 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, in a daring move, top resistance leaders Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik have announced to court arrest on Saturday at India’s National Investigation Agency’s headquarters in New Delhi against its cruel policies regarding the people of Kashmir.

The leaders while addressing a press conference at Jamia Masjid in Srinagar, today, said that NIA was committing terrorism and that Kashmiri people had rejected its anti-movement and anti-Hurriyet policies. Syed Ali Gilani while telephonically addressing the press conference said that they were going to New Delhi to protest against NIA raids. Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said that India was following a policy of coercion, defamation and intimidation in Kashmir instead of addressing the actual issue. Muhammad Yasin Malik asked the Indian government to keep doors of Tihar Jail open as they were coming to court arrest. The leaders also staged a sit-in on the occasion. Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi, Masroor Abbas, Hilal Ahmad War, Shabbir Ahmad Dar and other Hurriyat leaders were also present in the event.

Meanwhile, photo and video journalists held a peaceful protest in Pulwama against the detention of a local photojournalist, Kamran Yousuf, by NIA. The agency conducted fresh raids at several locations in Srinagar and New Delhi. Lawyers announced to continue their boycott of courts till dignified return of Kashmir Bar Association President, Mian Abdul Qayoom from New Delhi. Mian Qayoom has gone to the Indian capital as he has been summoned by NIA for investigation.

On the other hand, Indian troops launched violent crackdown operations in Srinagar, Shopian, Bandipora, Islamabad, Kulgam and other areas of the territory. The troops laid a siege to these areas, harassed common people and conducted house-to-house searches.

On the directions of Indian government, social networking site Twitter has blocked more than a dozen accounts and deleted about a hundred tweets on Kashmir in the occupied territory.

The murder of senior journalist and champion of Dalit cause, Gauri Lankesh in Bengaluru, the capital of Indian state, Karnataka, has once again raised questions about freedom of press in India. Ms Lankesh was shot at close range in the chest and head on Tuesday night by motorbike-riding gunmen. She was a strong critical of BPJ policies. According to the research conducted by the Committee to Protect Journalists, at least 27 journalists have been murdered in direct retaliation in India for their work since 1992. The Editors Guild of India said that her killing was an ominous portent for dissent in democracy and a brutal assault on the freedom of the press.

A police officer has announced resignation from Kashmir police saying that he cannot see more bloodshed in Kashmir. The police officer identified himself as Rayees in a video statement that has gone viral said that people of Kashmir were being killed for seeking right to self-determination.

The All Parties Hurriyet Conference Azad Kashmir chapter a meeting in Islamabad paid glowing tributes to the martyrs of September 6, 1965.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login