Youth killed in overnight operation

Srinagar, September 10 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, complete shutdown was observed, today, in protest against Indian Home Minister, Rajnath Singh’s visit to the territory.

Call for the shutdown was given by the joint resistance leadership comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik. All shops and business establishments were closed, while traffic was off the road in Srinagar, Islamabad, Kulgam, Shopian, Pulwamam, Baramulla, Badgam and other parts of the territory. Rajnath Singh had arrived in Srinagar on Saturday on a four-day visit to the territory.

Meanwhile, the authorities had imposed restrictions in the areas falling under Rainawari, Khanyar, Nowhatta, Maharaj Gunj, SafaKadal and Maisuma police stations in Srinagar. Forces’ personnel were deployed in strength in Srinagar to prevent anti-India protests. The authorities continued to place Syed Ali Gilani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq under house arrest, and detain JKLF Chief Mohammad Yasin Malik at Central Jail in Srinagar.

The Chairman of All Parties Hurriyat Conference, Syed Ali Gilani in a statement in Srinagar said that the restrictions on political activities in the territory signified a moral victory for resistance leadership. He appealed to the United Nations and international human rights organizations to take cognizance of the unabated human rights violations by Indian forces in Kashmir.

On the other hand, Indian troops martyred two youth during an overnight military operation in Shopian district. The youth identified, as Tariq Ahmad Butt and Altaf Ahmad, were shot dead by the troops during a siege and search operation in Barabugh area of the district. A girl identified as Khushboo, was injured in firing by troops in Harmain area of the district.

Thousands of people participated in the funeral prayers of a mujahid commander, Shahid Ahmad Sheikh in Rafiabad area of Baramulla district. People from different areas including Rafiabad, Qaziabad and Zainageer marched towards Kachloo, the native village of Shahid Ahmad Sheikh to attend his funeral. He was laid to rest amid pro-freedom, pro-Pakistan and anti-India slogans. Shahid was martyred by Indian troops during a cordon and search operation in Sopore, yesterday. The troops had also destroyed a house during the operation. Youth took to the streets and pelted stones on the troops in the area. Train service was suspended, while mobile and internet services remained snapped in the district.

An elderly man, Sanaullah Mir, was crushed to death after being hit by a vehicle of Central Reserve Police Force in Khayam area in Srinagar.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login
%d bloggers like this: