Indian troops martyr two Kashmiri youth in Kupwara

Srinagar, September 16 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the joint resistance leadership comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik has said that Kashmir is not a territorial dispute but a human and political issue, which can be settled through dialogue among Pakistan, India and the genuine Kashmiri leadership.

The resistance leaders in a statement issued after a meeting at the Hyderpora residence of Syed Ali Gilani said that Hurriyat leadership was not averse to a sincere, meaningful and result-oriented dialogue for resolution of the lingering dispute. However, they deplored that instead of creating conducive environment for such a process, India is focused on upgrading the police apparatus and enhancing military power by providing war-headed helicopters for use against the Kashmiri people who raise voice for their right to self-determination. The leaders said that this military approach was resulting in continued killings, maiming, blinding and injuring of people while political activists had been jailed and peaceful political activities had been prohibited. In this grim situation of oppression, they said, India’s rhetoric to hold talks for permanent resolution of the Kashmir dispute is an excuse to flee from the table of negotiations and put the onus on the resistance leadership.

The All Parties Hurriyat Conference Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani, in a statement in Srinagar strongly condemned the harassment of Dr Bilqees Shah, the wife of illegally detained senior APHC leader, Shabbir Ahmed Shah, by India’s Enforcement Directorate by repeatedly summoning her to its office in Delhi.

Meanwhile, Indian troops, in their fresh act of state terrorism, martyred two Kashmiri youth in Kupwara district, today. The troops killed the youth during a military operation in Machil area of the district.

The High Court of occupied Kashmir has quashed the illegal detention of ailing APHC leader, Ghulam Muhammad Khan Sopori, booked under draconian law, Public Safety Act, and directed the puppet authorities to release him forthwith.

The High Court Bar Association of the territory in a statement in Srinagar said that India’s National Investigation Agency had given clean chit to its President, Mian Abdul Qayoom, after subjecting him to harassment and questioning in New Delhi. It said that all allegations against Mian Qayoom as displayed by some Indian TV Channels were found baseless and unfounded.

In New Delhi, a court has extended the remand of photojournalist, Kamran Yousuf, and a youth, Javed Ahmad, both hailing from South Kashmir, to NIA for four days till 19th September.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login
%d bloggers like this: