Srinagar, November 01 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the High Court has issued notices to the puppet administration and a major of Indian Army’s 27 Rashtriya Rifles (RR) in a custodial disappearance case.

Muhammad Aslam Khan has filed a petition in the court, seeking whereabouts of his brother, Manzoor Ahmed Khan. A resident of Devar in Lolab area of Kupwara, Manzoor Ahmed Khan was taken into custody by 27 RR camp in August this year. Since then he is missing. Police station Lalpora had registered a case in this regard.

A fresh petition has been submitted in the High Court in connection with the custodial disappearance of Manzoor Ahmed Khan. The petition was filed by Advocate Nasir Qadri before the court of Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar seeking whereabouts of Manzoor Ahmed Khan

The petition states that on August 31, Manzoor went to Bandipora via Devar-Aloosa Road for livestock marketing along with his uncle Jalal-ud-din Khan and paternal aunt Parveena. While Manzoor was making entry to Bandipora, he was called by one Major Nishint Gupta of 27 RR, Trimukh Post inside the camp. The uncle and paternal aunt waited for two hours outside the camp. After waiting for hours, Khan was told by the army officials that Manzoor was released from another gate and was no more with them.

The family said, “The same Major had also called another person namely Nasrullah Khan who was released after undergoing third degree torture.” The family then approached the Police Station Lalpora and filed a complaint with FIR no 63/2017.

Advocate Qadri pleaded that the detaining authority should produce the detainee before the court and show with which authority he was detained. He stated as to why the Army and police were silent on the issue. “From 61 days, the man is nowhere to be seen. This is a matter of liberty and violation of individual rights,” he pleaded.

Muhammad Aslam Khan, the brother of the disappeared youth, said that Manzoor’s marriage was going to take place in October this year but it remained a distant dream. He was just doing his small work and we are unable to understand why he was detained. We want to know his whereabouts,” he said.

After hearing the plea, the court sent the notice to senior Additional Advocate General of the occupied territory, Advocate B A Dar, directing him to be present on next hearing on November 7.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login