Srinagar, November 25 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the police have said that despite numerous communications, no Indian army man involved in custodial disappearance of a civilian from Kupwara in August this year has appeared before a Special Investigation Team constituted to probe it.

The police said in a report filed before the High Court of the territory that further investigation was going on and efforts were on to ascertain the whereabouts of Manzoor Ahmad Khan for finalizing the investigation of the case expeditiously.

Police have filed two separate FIRs registered in connection with Manzoor’s disappearance and another person, Nasrullah Khan, who was thrown out of the army camp in critical condition after hue and cry by the locals. Nasrullah suffered kidney failure due to severe torture and he was discharge from a hospital in Srinagar on 30 September this year.

Manzoor of Devar Lolab was last seen on August 31 this year when he was taken into custody by army while seeking permission to travel through the area, his brother says in the petition filed before the court.

Manzoor’s brother, Muhammad Aslam Khan, submitted before the court that on August 31 Manzoor went to Bandipora via Devar-Aloosa Road for Livestock marketing along with his uncle Jalauddin Khan and paternal aunt Parveena.

He said that on way to Aloosa, the inhabitants of Devar had to cross Trimuk post of 27 Rashtriya Rifles for entry. “Manzoor approached the camp for entry and took identity card of his uncle and paternal aunt for crossing Trimuk post. He while making entry was called by Major Nishint Gupta. The uncle and paternal aunt were kept waiting for two hours outside the camp and thereafter they approached the army officials to know the whereabouts of Manzoor,” he said, adding, “the army official of Trimuk post asked the relatives that he will be set free after some time but till evening he was not released.”

Aslam said that the Army officials in the evening told the relatives waiting outside the Trimuk post that Manzoor had been set free from the other gate and was no more with them.

Manzoor’s father along with other relative had approached the police station concerned and lodged report against the incident.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login
%d bloggers like this: