Says Sajjad was already in custody

Srinagar, March 23 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the family members of a Kashmiri youth, Sajjad Ahmed Khan, have refuted the Delhi Police’s claim of arresting him on Thursday near Lal Qilla red light in New Delhi.

The family members of Sajjad Khan of Hundoora area of Tral said that he was already in police custody for the past one month.

“How is it possible that my son who is in police custody in Delhi for last one month was nabbed on Thursday near Lal Qilla in Delhi?” asked Sajjad’s father, Ghulam Nabi Khan.

“It is an absolute lie that my son was detained by police in Delhi on 21st March when the fact is that he is in their custody since 15th February. Police is cooking up a story to implicate my son in a fake case,” Khan said in an interview.

He said on 15th February his son along with six others was detained by police in Delhi. While six of the detainees were released Sajjad was kept under detention. “Following his detention, I reached Delhi and spent a month there. Every day, to have a glimpse of my beloved son, I went to special cell Lodhi Nagar but couldn’t see him. The police officers admitted that Sajjad was in their custody but did not give me a chance to meet him. They (police) assured me that he will be released soon but now he has been implicated in a fake case,” Khan said.

Khan’s two sons were martyred by Indian troops within a span of six months last year. Having no source of income, he said, they sent Sajjad to Delhi for selling shawls. “We sent Sajjad to Delhi in January hoping he would be safe there and also earn for the family. We hardly imagined he too would be targeted,” he wept and said.

Sajad’s mother Fatima Banoo said, “First I lost two sons and now my lone son, who is innocent, has been detained.”

On the other hand, India’s National Investigation Agency has taken Sajjad into its custody after he was produced by Delhi Police’s Special Cell in a Special Court of the agency. The NIA filed a petition before Special NIA Court, Patiala House, New Delhi seeking his custody. The Special Court remanded him to NIA custody for 8 days.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login
%d bloggers like this: