Mirwaiz vows to continue freedom struggle » Kashmir Media Service

NIA notices to malign resistance leadership
New Delhi, April 09 (KMS): The Chairman of Hurriyat forum, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has reiterated the Kashmiris’ pledge to continue to seek peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute despite harassment by the Indian authorities.

Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, who is in Delhi for being questioned by the India’s infamous National Investigation Agency in a fake case termed the NIA summoning as part of the efforts to malign Kashmiri leadership for its political stand on Kashmir. However, he in a twitter message maintained that the forum would continue to plead peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute. He informed the NIA that he was not acquainted with the subject matter referred by NIA in its notice and added that the notice was based on fallacious assumptions and misinformation solely aimed at maligning him.

The Chairman of Tehreek-e-Hurriyat Jammu and Kashmir, Mohammad Ashraf Sehrai in a statement issued in Srinagar said that NIA summonses to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and other Kashmiris were aimed at humiliating and intimidating resistance leadership.

Meanwhile, Indian troops launched cordon and search operations in different areas of Pulwama and Shopian districts, today. All the entry and exit points in Satoora, Khangund, Sofigund and Turkwangam areas were sealed while house-to-house search was conducted. The authorities suspended mobile internet services.

A report filed by Inspector General of Kashmir Police before the Human Rights Commission of the occupied territory held former Indian army Major General GD Bakshi responsible for the 27th January 1994 Kupwara massacre. The report revealed the troops under the command of GD Bakshi opened indiscriminate fire on the Kupwara bus stand with criminal intention leaving, at least, 27 innocent people killed and many others injured.

An RSS leader, Chandrakant Singh, along with his security officer was killed in firing by unknown gunmen near Kishtwar district hospital, today. The authorities imposed curfew in Kishtwar, Doda and Bhadarwa immediately after the incident in the town.

The journalists from Poonch and Rajouri districts called for a thorough investigation into the threatening calls to the staff of English daily, Greater Kashmir.

On the other hand, another Kashmiri man was injured after being assaulted by a Hindu mob in Bangalore, the capital city of the Indian state of Karnataka. Taseer Mufti, a Srinagar resident, was hospitalised after the assault. KMS

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login