India’s policy of repression failed to yield results » Kashmir Media Service

Amnesty urged to facilitate release of Asiya, associates
Srinagar, April 14 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the Chairman of All Parties Hurriyat Conference, Syed Ali Gilani, has said that India’s policy of suppression and repression has failed to yield any positive results for New Delhi.

Syed Ali Gilani in a statement issued in Srinagar reiterated his call for continuing boycott of the sham Indian parliamentary elections during all next phases in the occupied territory. He said that the participation in any election under India would negate the sacrifices, rendered by the Kashmiri youth for the freedom cause.

The Dukhtaran-e-Millat spokesperson in a statement in Srinagar slammed the deliberate attempts by the Indian judiciary to prolong the detention of party Chairperson, Aasiya Andrabi and her associates Nahida Nasreen and Fehmida Sufi. The statement deplored that NIA court was issuing renewed dates as a tactic to prolong their illegal detention. The DeM spokesperson urged the Amnesty International and other human rights organization to play a pro-active role to ensure the release of the party leaders.

The Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Muslim Conference, Shabbir Ahmed Dar in a statement paid glowing tributes to martyrs, Shahjehan Ahmed Mir and Abid Hussain Wagey who were killed by Indian troops during a cordon and search operation in Gahand area of Shopian district, yesterday. He said the priceless sacrifices offered by the youth have given a clear message to India that it can no longer occupy the territory by the dint of military might.

Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth in a statement in Srinagar denounced the shifting of Hurriyat leaders to the jails outside the occupied territory. The party demanded immediate release of Mushtaq Ahmad Veeri and other Hurriyat leaders.

Meanwhile, senior APHC leader and President of Anjuman-e-Sharie- Shian, Agha Syed Hassan Al-Moosvi Al-Safvi was detained by Indian Income Tax Department at Srinagar airport when he reached from New Delhi.

India’s infamous National Investigation Agency arrested a youth identified as Irshad Ahmad Reshi from Ratnipora in Pulwama district, today.

An Indian army Major who was critically injured after slipping into a deep gorge in Kupwara district died at a military hospital in Srinagar, today.


Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login