Acquittal of 4 Kashmiris after 23 years murder of justice

Srinagar, July 27 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, Indian troops in their fresh act of state terrorism martyred two Kashmiri youth in South Kashmir’s Shopian district, today.

The troops martyred the youth during a cordon and search operation in Bonabazar area of the district. The occupation authorities suspended internet service in the district. The troops also conducted a similar operation in Arihal area of Pulwama district.

The All Parties Hurriyat Conference in a statement in Srinagar said the acquittal of four Kashmiris after illegal detention of 23 long years is a murder of justice. It said courts take decades to declare a person innocent and these poor victims have every right and reason to curse this flawed and false system of providing justice. The APHC deplored that when an accused happens to be a Muslim and that too a Kashmiri, he automatically qualifies for stern punishment for a crime he has never committed.

On the other hand, in order to suppress the Kashmiris’ ongoing freedom struggle, Indian Ministry of Home Affairs has approved the sanction for deployment of 100 additional companies of armed forces in occupied Kashmir.

The sleuths of India’s notorious National Investigation Agency along with local police and Central Reserve Police Force personnel raided the house of a well known businessman, Sanaullah Butt, at Krankshuwan Colony in Sopore town.

Senior Advocate Zafar Ahmed Shah, pleaded in the High Court of the territory in a Public Interest Litigation filed by the High Court Bar Association that excessive use of pellets violates Article 21 (Right to life) of the Constitution. He argued that punitive damages must be paid to the victims if the authorities respond to the unarmed crowds by using pellets disproportionately as rights of the victims cannot be ignored.

A 50-year-old man was arrested from Batpora in Khannabal area of Islamabad district by the Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad in a false case registered in connection with the attack on Akshardham Temple in 2002. Two armed men had barged into the complex of Akshardham Temple in Gandhinagar city of Indian state of Gujarat on 24th September in 2002, killing at least 30 persons and injuring 80 others.

Meanwhile, a member of Indian Army-backed militia, Village Defence Committee, committed suicide in Ramban district of Jammu region.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login
%d bloggers like this: