Student martyred as clampdown enters 31st day » Kashmir Media Service

Jailed Hurriyat leaders, activists facing depression

Srinagar, September 04 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, an 11th class student was martyred by Indian troops as normal life remains crippled on the 31st consecutive day, today, in the Kashmir valley and five districts of Jammu region.

The student, Asrar Ahmed Khan, was injured in the pellet firing by Indian troops on demonstrations in Soura area of Srinagar a few days back and succumbed at a hospital in Srinagar, today. The occupation authorities have further tightened curfew and other restrictions in Srinagar to prevent protests against the killing.

The unprecedented curfew continues to render markets closed and public transport off the road since August 5 when Indian government repealed the special status of occupied Kashmir. Around 50,000 public transport vehicles are grounded while train service is suspended for over a month now.

The Kashmir valley has no contact with the outside world for the past one month due to the continued blockade and suspension of internet, mobile and landline phones and closure of TV channels. The residents have been hit hard due to the shortage of all essential commodities including food, medicines and dairy items.

Meanwhile, Hurriyat activists in their messages issued through posters and handbills in occupied Kashmir said that India can kill them but cannot kill their ideology and they will definitely defeat New Delhi one day. The activists said that India had made them hardened and they were standing in front of their nation with the blessings of Allah Almighty to protect it from the Indian onslaught.

A large number of Hurriyat leaders, activists, students and youth, who were shifted from occupied Kashmir to jails in Uttar Pradesh and other states of India, are facing severe mental torture and depression. Hundreds of Kashmiris were shifted to jails in Agra, Varanasi, Fatehpur, Lucknow and Bareilly after Indian government repealed the Article 370 on August 5. The detainees have been kept in isolation in high security barracks.

An inquiry report prepared by Indian paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force has confirmed that the February 14th Pulwama incident was ‘a massive intelligence failure’. The findings by CRPF are in sharp contrast to what the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs had claimed that the Pulwama attack was not an intelligence failure.

Leave a Reply

Kashmir Media Service | Login