India

Three Assam Rifles personnel killed in attack at Indo-Myanmar border

Arunachal Pradesh: Assam Rifles personnel engaged in border fencing at the Myanmar-India border came under attack, resulting in the deaths of three troops.

According to Kashmir Media Service, the attack along Namgoi–Pangsau road near the Indo-Myanmar border was reportedly carried out by a Naga armed group on March 26 around 5:30 PM.

A local resident said the Assam Rifles were providing security during the fencing when the attack occurred, killing three personnel.

The border fencing in the Pangsau area in Arunachal Pradesh was initiated by India in late last year, prompting widespread protests from local communities and Naga civil society organizations. The Assam Rifles were tasked with providing security for this project.

The National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Khaplang/Yung Aung (NSCN-K/YA), in a statement said, “Despite strong opposition from Naga people on both sides of the border, India has ignored these concerns and continues its unlawful construction work. This is a clear crime committed by India against the Naga people, showing a total disregard for the fundamental principles of international law and humanitarian law.”

The Naga group further declared that the border fencing project is a “colonial project” and that they will reject and oppose it by any means necessary.

Read also

Back to top button