Farooq Abdullah questions Delhi’s normalcy claims in IIOJK, hints at ‘inside job’ behind recent killings

Srinagar: National Conference President Farooq Abdullah has questioned the Indian government’s repeated claims of having restored normalcy in Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, asking how attacks continue to occur despite repeated official assertions that all borders are sealed and militancy has been eliminated.
According to Kashmir Media Service, Farooq Abdullah made the remarks while talking to reporters in Bijbihara, south Kashmir. Referring to the recent killings of a police officer and two non-local persons in Islamabad and Kulgam districts, he questioned the official narrative and hinted at a possible “inside job” aimed at diverting attention from the growing demand for the restoration of IIOJK’s statehood. He demanded that the identities of those involved in the attacks be made public.
He said the Indian government has repeatedly claimed that militancy was eliminated after the August 5, 2019, actions but continues to attribute such incidents to unidentified attackers. “If militancy has ended, let the people and the world know who is behind these killings,” he said.
The NC chief also renewed his demand for the restoration of occupied Jammu and Kashmir’s statehood, saying the Indian government had yet to fulfill its commitment despite repeated assurances. He dismissed BJP criticism of his remarks, accusing the party of politicizing the issue.
Farooq Abdullah had earlier raised questions over the timing of such incidents, saying, “It is difficult to ignore that whenever the demand for the restoration of Jammu and Kashmir’s Statehood gains momentum, such disturbing incidents occur. Why does this repeatedly happen? The people deserve credible answers.”









