India

India implicates Kashmiris in Delhi blast to malign freedom struggle, stoke war fears

Srinagar: Indian authorities have detained four residents of Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir in connection with a blast near Delhi’s Red Fort, in what rights observers describe as a continuation of New Delhi’s pattern of false flag operations aimed at maligning Kashmiris and creating a pretext for escalation with Pakistan.

According to Kashmir Media Service, the detainees include the brothers of Dr Umar Nabi from Pulwama. Officials claim that Nabi is suspected of driving the Hyundai i20 that exploded near Red Fort on Monday evening.

By leveling this allegaton, Indian authorities are attempting to link the Delhi blast to Kashmiris working or residing outside the territory.

Indian had earlier claimed to have arrested eight persons, including three doctors, and seized over 2,900 kilograms of material allegedly used to make Improvised Explosive Devices. Among those arrested is Dr Muzamil Ahmad Ganai, a Pulwama resident and employee of Al-Falah University for over three years, and a woman doctor from Uttar Pradesh, Shahin Shahid.

Authorities have also carried out detentions in South Kashmir in connection with the ownership of the car used in the blast. Amir Rashid from Pulwama, whose identification was reportedly used to purchase the vehicle, is among those being questioned.

Rights observers and locals said such operations are part of India’s longstanding strategy to implicate Kashmiris in fabricated terror plots. “By falsely linking Kashmiris to attacks in Delhi or elsewhere, India aims to tarnish the image of the freedom struggle, justify intensified crackdowns, and manufacture an atmosphere of hostility with Pakistan,” a local analyst said.

These actions, they added, perpetuate fear among Kashmiris, reinforce Indian occupation, and further complicate efforts for a peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute in accordance with United Nations resolutions.

Read also

Back to top button