Pakistan rejects baseless allegations by India’s Chief of Army Staff
Islamabad: Pakistan has rejected baseless allegations levelled by Indian Army Chief General Upendra Dwivedi, terming them baseless and politically motivated.
According to Kashmir Media Service, the rebuttal came against remarks made by General Dwivedi, who had accused Pakistan of “drone intrusions”, saying that at least eight drones had been sighted since Saturday.
“These drones, I believe, were defensive drones, which wanted to go up and see if any action was being taken,” the general told reporters at an annual press conference on January 13.
Foreign Office Spokesperson Tahir Andrabi addressing a weekly briefing in Islamabad today said New Delhi’s rhetoric is old, conventional, and misleading. “Such allegations are damaging India’s own reputation,” he added.
He said, “There is undeniable evidence of India’s financing and facilitation of terrorism in Pakistan, and India-backed terrorist networks have been identified in the region, including Afghanistan.”
Tahir Andrabi said Pakistan is also closely monitoring the situation in Iran and wants a peaceful resolution to the issue, reaffirming its commitment to playing a role for peace and stability in the region.
He said Pakistan supports a peaceful solution to the Iran issue and will continue to play its role for peace, adding “Pakistan stands by peace and stability in Iran and hopes the country will soon overcome its current crisis.”
The Foreign Office Spokesperson said Pakistan attached great importance to Iran, both as a neighbouring country and as an important player of the international community and an important member of the global fraternity.
“Pakistan hopes that peace and stability will prevail, and we reaffirm our support for all efforts aimed at a peaceful resolution of the situation,” he remarked.









